BALTIMORE, Md. — May 18, 2014 —Honeywell (NYSE: HON) HomMed solutions, featured in Booth #5417 at the 2014 American Telemedicine Association (ATA) convention, continue to extend the reach of telehealth by enabling patients and healthcare providers to remain continually connected – bridging the gap of time between patient-physician appointments.
Honeywell’s offerings optimize quality of care and usability for patients, families and providers, as well as improve productivity for clinicians and physicians across a wide range of geographical and clinical settings.
“The products and services we’re spotlighting at ATA this year reflect our business objective —to connect the patient care continuum, extending medical oversight from healthcare providers to the patient,” said John Bojanowski, president of Honeywell HomMed. “We invite ATA attendees to take a look at how Honeywell can help address some of the healthcare industry’s most significant challenges.”
Honeywell HomMed at ATA 2014
Throughout the convention, Honeywell executives and representatives will demonstrate the company’s innovative technologies and discuss how they are positively impacting the healthcare industry.
The company will feature five “SmarTalk” thought leadership presentations by Honeywell executives and industry experts for show attendees. SmarTalks will run throughout the two days of the show, Monday, May 19th and Tuesday, May 20th, in the Honeywell hospitality suite (#419):
Monday, May 19th:
- 10:15 a.m.: The Telehealth Revolution: Patient Empowerment 2020: Presented by John Bojanowski, president of Honeywell HomMed, this discussion will highlight the way telehealth solutions are evolving to empower the patients of the future.
- 12:15 p.m.: Successful Utilization of Telehealth Addresses the Needs of Medicaid Populations: Presented by Anne Evans, a clinician with Honeywell HomMed, this SmarTalk will highlight the effective use of long-term remote patient monitoring (RPM) among a patient population consisting of primarily Medicaid enrollees.
- 2:30 p.m.: A Study in ACO Success: Using Telehealth to Address Key Challenges: Presented by Bill Dunstan, President of Affilia Home Health, this SmarTalk will discuss how healthcare providers can use a Patient Activation Model (PAM) to better assess which products and services can be used to address long-term care planning.
- 5:30 p.m.: Enabling Aging in Place (AIP): How mHealth Devices Positively Impact the Resident Experience at Assisted Living Facilities: Presented by Rob Flippo, CEO of MobileHelp, this SmarTalk will highlight the effective use of mobile personal emergency response systems (M-PERS) devices to enable long-term independent living.
Tuesday, May 20th:
- 10:15 a.m.: Dynamic Duo: How Home Care Agencies and Hospitals Can Develop New Market Potential: Presented by Evans, this SmarTalk features a summary of a recent Honeywell whitepaper, with an emphasis on how telehealth can be used to identify and implement new revenue streams within healthcare delivery networks and ACOs.
- 12:15 p.m.: The Telehealth Revolution: Patient Empowerment 2020: Presented by Bojanowski, this discussion will highlight the way telehealth solutions are evolving to empower the patients of the future.
Product Line-up at ATA 2014
The Honeywell HomMed booth at the ATA convention will highlight products and services designed to “fill in the complete picture of patient health” – providing extended medical oversight to patients as they move within the care continuum.
- Genesis Family of Monitors: Featured in the Honeywell booth, the Genesis Touch 3.0 is the newest version of the wireless remote patient monitoring device, featuring one-touch video and enhanced data plans.Also on display are Honeywell’s Genesis™ DM Pro telehealth monitors, which provide patients and healthcare providers with an easy-to-use device that offer a robust view of patient health to the care provider through complete remote biometric and vital sign collection.
- LifeStream Manager: Honeywell HomMed is also featuring the most recent release (v4.11) of one of its leading telehealth portfolio solutions – LifeStream Manager – a robust software platform that provides a consolidated view of patient data, allowing care providers to manage patients effectively for more informed clinical decision making. LifeStream Manager was designed around the need for improved workflows among healthcare providers, enabling them to efficiently manage multiple patient populations.
- LifeStream MobileHelp M-PERS: Honeywell is also featuring its mobile Personal Emergency Response System (M-PERS), which integrates with the LifeStream Management Suite.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com
About Honeywell HomMed:
Headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., Honeywell HomMed, part of Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions, is a global leader in telehealth and remote patient care, providing the healthcare industry with integrated product and service solutions designed to improve the quality of patients’ lives and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information about Honeywell HomMed, please visit www.hommed.com.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements. We identify the principal risks and uncertainties that affect our performance in our Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.