SAN JOSE, Calif. — April 29, 2012 —Honeywell (NYSE: HON) HomMed’s new products and services, featured in Booth #1535 at the 2012 American Telemedicine Association (ATA) Convention, continue to redefine the telehealth industry through the power of touch.
Honeywell’s new offerings enhance quality of care and usability for patients, families and providers, as well as improve productivity for clinicians and physicians across a wide range of geographical and clinical settings.
“Every innovation we’re spotlighting this year at ATA reflects HomMed’s LifeStream™ Solutions objective —to redefine the industry by reducing overall costs of healthcare while simultaneously increasing quality of patient care,” said Terry Duesterhoeft, president of Honeywell HomMed. “We invite ATA attendees to experience the power of touch with us, and take a look at how HomMed can help address some of the healthcare industry’s most significant challenges.”
Honeywell HomMed at ATA 2012
Throughout the show, Honeywell representatives will demonstrate the company’s newest technologies and discuss how telehealth is positively impacting the healthcare industry.
To that end, the company will feature five product and service presentations for show attendees at various times throughout the day on Monday, April 30th:
- 10 AM: Experience the Power of Touch: Mr. Duesterhoeft will present the newest features and applications on the Genesis™ Touch – HomMed’s highly-acclaimed remote patient monitoring tablet – including one-touch video, scheduled vitals, and Spanish-language support.
- 11 AM: The Foundation for Excellence in Patient-Caregiver Communication: Dawn Murr-Davidson, Director of Telehealth Services at Honeywell HomMed, will present an overview of the back-end support solution – HomMed’s LifeStream™ Management Suite – which ensures healthcare providers have consistent access to their patients’ health data.
- 2 PM: How It All Works; the Honeywell HomMed Partner Ecosystem: Mr. Duesterhoeft will provide an in-depth explanation of the collaborators’ network which surrounds the Honeywell HomMed LifeStream™ solution.
- 3 PM: Personal Emergency Response System (PERS): In conjunction with Honeywell’s Mr. Duesterhoeft, Rob Flippo, President of MobileHelp, will describe the new mobile Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), now available from Honeywell and integrated with its LifeStream Management Suite.
- 4 PM: Bringing Telehealth Delivery to Patient Doorsteps: Ms. Murr-Davidson will present an overview of LifeStream™ Services, the new managed services offering from Honeywell HomMed, which assists caregivers in providing a complete telehealth solution for their patients.
Honeywell HomMed will also be featured in the new Poster Presentations at ATA this year. As a principle solutions provider in the P52 poster – Meeting the Challenges and Demands of Telehealth Connectivity – Today and Beyond – presenter Brett Quas, CEO of Connected Healthcare Solutions, will demonstrate how collaboration between Honeywell HomMed and eDevice addressed the need to bring extended connectivity to two visiting nurse associations, VNA of Hartford and Christiana Care. The poster presentation will serve as a potential solution for attendees looking to increase the benefits of telehealth monitoring for patients and healthcare providers through existing network coverage at a patient’s location.
The ATA will feature this year’s posters and presenters for the duration of the show, but will highlight them at the Poster Presentation & Reception on Monday, April 30, from 5:15pm – 6:30pm in the Exhibit Hall.
Product Line-up at ATA 2012
The Honeywell HomMed booth at the ATA convention will feature products and services designed to address healthcare’s biggest challenges – from reducing emergency department admissions and hospital re-admissions to providing visibility to a patient as they move between care environments.
Genesis Family of Monitors
The newest addition to the Genesis family of monitors, the Genesis Touch is an FDA-cleared personal health device, and includes new features such as a one-touch video, Spanish-language support, and the ability to schedule vitals. Also on display are the Genesis™ DM and DM Pro telehealth monitor models, which provide patients and healthcare providers with all the benefits industry users have come to expect from Honeywell – easy-to-use systems which provide a robust view of patient health through complete remote biometric and vital sign collection.
LifeStream Management Suite
Honeywell HomMed is also featuring the next release (v4.10) of one of its leading telehealth solutions – LifeStream Management Suite – a robust software platform that provides the behind-the-scenes support network for HomMed’s personal health devices. LifeStream Management Suite was created and designed around the need for improved workflows among healthcare providers.
Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
Honeywell is also introducing a mobile Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), which integrates with the LifeStream Management Suite. The system offers enhanced user flexibility by providing the choice of a mobile unit, a base station (landline) unit, or both, as well as a pendant or wrist button. A push of the button automatically connects the user to an emergency operator – or family member – who can send help to the user’s exact location.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
About Honeywell HomMed:
Honeywell HomMed is part of the Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions business group, a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry.